Help Gerald help his family

Special to the RTT

A house fire in Leamington Dec. 11 has had an impact in Amherstburg.

A $150,000 fire on Oak St. left two people uninjured but forced them to seek shelter elsewhere. The two people – a mother and daughter – are mother and sister to Amherstburg resident Gerald Lemire.

Gerald Lemire

Gerald Lemire

Lemire, who is supported by Community Living Essex County, is trying to help his mom and sister. Lemire is also involved with the Amherstburg Heroes Athletic Club and the Miracle League of Amherstburg.

To help Gerald help his family, a page has been set up at www.gofundme.com under the heading of “Leamington Family Lost Everything.” The direct link to the page is https://www.gofundme.com/c5empmt4.

“This amazing family has lost everything in this tragic accident. They made it out with just the clothes on their backs,” the page reads. “Please help raise some money for this family to purchase clothing, food and find shelter.  Any donation would be helpful to get them back on there feet again durning this holiday season.”

Comments are closed.